Skills & Requirements
This position is only open to U.S. Citizens with active DoD Secret Clearances who are willing towork onsite at our Ft. Belvoir, VA location.
- Application development experience and a solid understanding of good software engineering design principles
- Experience doing development in a cloud environment
- Solid knowledge of Java and OOP principles
- Experience with web application development, including MVC design pattern and web application frameworks (e.g., Tapestry, JSF, Struts, Spring MVC, etc.)
- Experience with Elasticsearch and NoSQL databases is a plus
- Experience with XML and XML schemas
- Experience/understanding of ORM principles and ORM tools such as Hibernate or Cayenne
- Experience with RDBMS and SQL databases (any of MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.) and a basic level of comfort with creating/maintaining existing DDL and DML scripts
- Familiarity with well-known development tools (Eclipse IDE, Git, Nexus, Jenkins) and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery concepts
- Experience with any of the following will be viewed as positive: open source project contributor, Mac OS X or UNIX experience, design patterns and scale-able architectures
- Experience in customer-facing situations and the ability to clearly communicate ideas, concerns, and issues with all stakeholders
- Strong analytical ability and the capacity to help formulate and propose requirements from discussions internally as well as with customers.